Company: Barrick Group Tanzania
State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
Job type: Full-Time
Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Humble beginnings fuelled by burgeoning aspirations led to the inception of Barrick Group’s first commercial venture in 2003 – a general trading company solely specialising in food and consumable products for the UAE and African markets.
A move that set the prologue to the Group’s success story. As the Middle Eastern and African markets continued underlining their presence on the global map, our business continued growing in parallel. Our traded volumes in 2014 alone were approx. 6600 containers of perishable and non-perishable items to our vast network of traders, partners and clients across the region.
Today, Barrick Group is further enriched through diversity, as our commercial ventures now encompass F&B, Retail and HORECA Brand Management & Distribution, Food Commodities Trading, Consulting, and Light Manufacturing. While the GCC remains our niche, our scale of operations have also expanded to cover our home base in Canada.
From start-up to now, our journey has crossed numerous milestones, including becoming financially self-sufficient. This sustainability has enabled us to grow without any financial liabilities, a remarkable accomplishment in today’s times.
Barrick Group in Tanzania is looking for experienced professionals in the following discipline to join our dynamic group so as to launch our operations in which our offices will be opened in Dar es salaam, Mwanza, Arusha and Dodoma, also we have built factories which are in final stage located at kibaha, Pwani region which will be responsible for manufacturing of various products for local and international market across East Africa.
ACCOUNTANTS (3 POST)
Reports to Finance Manager
The Financial Accountant’s responsibilities include producing budgets, overseeing tax payments, and conducting internal audits.
To be successful as a Financial Accountant, you should have an Accounting degree and experience as an Accountant. Ultimately, a seasoned Financial Accountant should be competent in financial principles and ensure the organization complies with the law. Also positions involves frequently travelling to various region across the country
Financial Accountant Responsibilities:
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Conducting internal audits.
- Overseeing tax payments.
- Preparing budgets for the organization.
- To collect the claim forms and check the Integrity and compliance
- To arrange the cash payment for all the claim form, and prepare daily Cash flow, print and keep it into file;
- To issue the check payment for clearing charges;
- To ensure every payment must be in accordance with the requirements of company operation;
- To post all payments to system, and deal with the reconciliation of AP
- To maintenance part of system information, such as the sales price for branch, unit cost for some warehouse system notes;
- Monitoring and reporting on accounting inconsistencies.
- Keeping up-to-date with financial policies, practices, and regulations.
- Complying with state and federal tax regulations.
- Cooperation with other functions on general accounting issues ; Assisting Financial Director or Manager in other affairs
- Diploma or Bachelor Degree on Accounting or Finance .
- Fresh graduate also are encourage to apply but Previous experience in an Accounting or Finance role will be added advantage.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and accounting software.
- Solid understanding of bookkeeping competencies.
- Excellent mathematical skills.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to remain confidential.
- Additional certification is a bonus.
Salary: Competitive package will be offered for qualified candidate.
Method of Application
Barrick group has no recruitment agent, all applications should be sent within 14 days, starting on 23th March 2021 and deadline for application will be on 5th April 2021 at 5:30pm
All applicants should mention the position they are applying on subject space of the email
All interested and qualified Tanzanian should send their applications letter and curriculum vitae only to our email below; email@example.com
And all applications should be addressed to
Director of Human Resources, Barrick Group,
P.O Box 18699,
Dar es salaam.